Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Interview: Little Women, Big Cars' Romy Rosemont


AOL has just released all 15 episodes of the new series, Little Women, Big Cars. The series stars Amy Yasbeck (Wings, Hot in Cleveland), Kristy Swanson (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Psych), Romy Rosemont (Glee), Julie Warner (Crash, Nip/Tuck), Ed Begley Jr. (Portlandia, The New Adventures of Old Christine), Alexis Denisof (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) and Antonio Sabato Jr. (Melrose Place, The Bold and the Beautiful).

You may recognize Romy Rosemont from her huge list of credits including spots on Fringe, Prison Break, CSI and of course, Glee. In Little Women, Big Cars Romy plays Connie, a character on the opposite end of the spectrum from her much loved character of Carole Hudson-Hummel on Glee. We got a chance to ask Romy a few questions about the show and what it was like working with such a talented cast.

GeekHash:  What drew you to the series?

Romy: I was drawn to the series because of the cast and Melanie Mayron.  I thought the script was funny but it’s rare that you get to work with such funny women so when the opportunity presented itself to me I signed on. Amy Yasbeck, Kristy Swanson and Julie Warner are all so talented and then to be lead by Melanie Mayron….I mean come on…who wouldn’t want to do that?  It was a really fun way to spend a couple of weeks of summer last year.

GH: The rapport between the women is great and the back and forth feels effortless. Was it that tightly scripted or was there room to play around with the characters to get to that place?

Romy: We pretty much kept to the script but both Melanie Mayron and Sherry Coben, the writer, let us play at the end of every scene.  The four of us had an instant rapport and chemistry so it was really fun to have the freedom and opportunity to build on the material and shape our characters.  If it looks like we’re having fun that’s because we’re having a blast.  There was no shortage of laughter on the set.

GH: All the characters are types, the successful single mom, the stay-at-home mom, the trophy wife; what did you want to bring to Connie to make her real and relatable?

Romy: Connie is definitely a larger than life character so the most important thing I wanted to get across was how much she loved her family and that in spite of everything her family comes first.

GH: You have an impressive list of credits; which of those are you still pinching yourself about?

Romy: That’s so sweet of you to say.  I always say I have yet to do the role that I’m most proud of.  To be honest, I’m just grateful to work.  Of course I love being part of GLEE.  It’s such a great show and has the most amazing cast and crew.  The other part which is near and dear to my heart is the episode I did of NIP/TUCK.  It was the first episode of the second season and I was fortunate enough to be directed by Ryan Murphy.  He really is a visionary and the script he wrote was beautiful.  I also got to wear prosthetic makeup for that part which just added intensity to the role.

GH: Having worked with the likes of Alexis Denisof, Kristy Swanson, Joss Whedon and also on Glee, you’ve got yourself quite a bit of Geek cred. If you could cash it in, which (if any) super hero would you love to take a crack at?

Romy: That makes me so happy to hear I have Geek cred.  My husband is a huge comic book geek so this will give me bonus points at home.  The idea of playing any super hero would be a dream come true.  I love the idea of doing stunts and training really really hard for a role.  The super hero that comes to mind is of course Wonder Woman, specifically for her truth lasso and invisible plane but I wouldn’t mind taking a crack at the whole Marvel roster.


You can see all 15 episodes of Little Women, Big Cars now at http://on.aol.com/studio/littlewomenbigcars-517348467

No comments:

Post a Comment