Monday, November 15, 2010

Taste Test- Green Lantern Glo-Balls

I'm not a big fan of the Hostess snack cakes. In fact, I couldn't tell you the last time I had a Twinkie or a Ho-Ho. It's literally been years since I've had one. They're just really unappealing to me. But, being a geek and a sucker, I immediately bought the Flash cakes when I saw them at the grocery store. Slap a superhero on your package and I'm sold. That's how they got me to eat countless Ninja Turtle pies. For those who don't remember, they were a "vanilla puddin' power" filled pie surrounded by a green frosting. Not great but it was a Ninja Turtle pie so I kept buying them. I only got through half the box of the Flash cakes before I gave them away (they tasted horrible). When I went back to the grocery store about a week later I saw that they had Green Lantern Glo-Balls (green Sno-Balls).

I was veeerrrry curious as I've never tried the original Sno-Balls but I just couldn't bring myself to buy them. Especially since friends (I'm looking at you, Greg) had made crude jokes about the fact that I really wanted to try these "Glo-Balls." Of course, I decided, "what the hell," and bought them.
I didn't read the box and hadn't realized it was basically a big marshmallow. Did not enjoy it at all. I love marshmallow peeps but these were nothing like that. So now, I can say I tried "Hal's balls" (as The Nerdy Bird put it) and I can say that my experimental days are now over and I will be Glo-Ball free for life.

2 comments: