Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Thursday, November 24, 2011
horiusa.com It measures 17 inches long, 9.4 inches wide, 4.9 inches tall and weighs in at 4.9 pounds! You can get it for either PS3 or X-Box 360. Now, go kick some ass!
Wednesday, November 16, 2011
This summer’s movie event becomes the holiday season’s must-own Blu-ray as a lone gunslinger leads an uprising against an alien threat in the explosive, stunningly-imagined film, Cowboys & Aliens. A blazingly original, cross-genre adventure from acclaimed director Jon Favreau (Iron Man, Iron Man 2) and top moviemakers Steven Spielberg, Ron Howard, Brian Grazer, Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci, Cowboys & Aliens features heart-pumping action, spectacular visuals and a first-rate cast. Arriving in stores December 6th from Universal Studios Home Entertainment, the Blu-ray Combo Pack with UltraViolet edition of Cowboys & Aliens brings all of the thrills and fun home with perfect hi-def picture and perfect hi-def sound and includes a never-before-seen extended version of the movie and over two hours of exclusive bonus features.
• IGNITING THE SKY: THE MAKING OF COWBOYS & ALIENS —A comprehensive, behind-the-scenes look at the production that invites viewers on set to meet the filmmakers and cast as they create this one-of-a-kind action film. In revealing conversations, Jon Favreau, Steven Spielberg, Ron Howard and Brian Grazer, as well as stars Harrison Ford, Daniel Craig and Olivia Wilde, share their insights about the movie. Also featured are visual-effects powerhouses Legacy Effects and ILM, which join forces once again to push the technological envelope beyond anything ever seen before on screen. It includes:
o FINDING THE STORY — Cowboys & Aliens, based on the graphic novel by Scott Mitchell Rosenberg, has been in development for over a decade. Filmmakers, writers and cast explain why this particular team of Hollywood heavyweights hit the right note to bring this to the big screen.
o THE SCOPE OF THE SPECTACLE —A look at the team behind the camera for the film’s massive New Mexico shoot, as the stars ride horses, shoot guns, jump from explosions, and get yanked 80 feet in the air! Director Jon Favreau stages unforgettable action set-pieces as cameras capture every moment, while legendary stuntman and Cowboys & Aliens’ second unit director Terry Leonard brings a lifetime of experience to the big-screen stunts, from legendary moments in John Wayne classics to doubling for Harrison Ford in Raiders of the Lost Ark.
o OUTER-SPACE ICON — Take a closer look at the creation of a new, terrifying alien design from Legacy Effects and Industrial Light and Magic.
And exclusive to Blu-ray these additional segments:
o A CALL TO ACTION — A profile of prolific actor, writer and director Jon Favreau featuring on-set video diaries shot throughout the production.
o ABSOLUTION — A look at the practical re-creation of a dusty Old West mining town, the town’s inhabitants and the amazing ensemble of actors who portray them, as well as an exclusive look at the film’s meticulous production and costume designs.
• CONVERSATIONS WITH JON FAVREAU – Jon Favreau hosts candid interviews with cast and crew, including:
o Daniel Craig
o Harrison Ford
o Olivia Wilde
o Steven Spielberg, Ron Howard and Brian Grazer
o Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci
o Damon Lindelof
• FEATURE COMMENTARY WITH DIRECTOR JON FAVREAU
Sunday, November 13, 2011
Word is the event will be released on DVD and Blu-ray in April. It will more than likely only be released in Japan, so one can only hope it will be region-free and come with subtitles for those of us that wish to import it. I have been patiently waiting for an announcement of a U.S. Blu-ray release and it has been confirmed that an english dub is in the pre-production stages. Subtitled versions are available now in a Blu-ray region-free version from Japan but unfortunately run $50.00+ for each disc, with discs containing only 1-2 episodes each!
Saturday, November 12, 2011
“We are very excited to launch the Immortals Gods and Heroes iPad app with Panelfly ,” said PJ Bickett, CEO of Archaia Entertainment. “In creating the graphic anthology, we wanted to build something unique to compliment the theatrical release, something that would stand head-and-shoulders above traditional graphic novel tie-ins. Working with Panelfly, we have created something extraordinary and immersive that complements the reading experience while supplementing the film itself. We are excited to expand the reach of our content beyond books and film, to delight fans with this new and immersive entry into the Immortals universe.”
The Immortals - Gods and Heroes Fan Experience Includes:
- Access to the complete Graphic Novel
- Ten Prequel Stories setting the stage for the film
- Exclusive Art from an A-list of celebrated comic creators, includng Ben Templesmith, Scott Hampton, Trevor Hairsine, Jock, Dennis Caler, Kevin Colden, Patrick Scherberger, Phil Hester, Steve Ellis, and Rafael Kayanan, one of the principle conceptual designers on the film itself.
- Peel Back Functionality that reveals each stage of art in the creative process
- Contextual Multimedia and video Intergration
- Social Integration and News Feeds for live social commentary
- Ongoing feature updates and new content releases
The Gods and Heroes app can be downloaded for free from the iTunes Store on 11/11/11. Archaia and Panelfly will be kicking off the release with a speacial social media camapign and fan engagement contest today. Fans can go to http://www.facebook.com/ImmortalsGraphicNovel for more details.