Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Interview: Fetching's Collette Wolf

Wolfe and her four-legged co-star
You may recognize Collette from her long list of credits like TV's Cougar Town or the films The Foot Fist Way and Hot Tub Time Machine. She can currently be seen on the AOL/Vuguru web series Fetching, which premiered yesterday on AOL (you can watch the series here http://on.aol.com/studio/fetching ). Wolfe plays Liza, who ends her engagement and quits her job as a lawyer when she realizes that it's not the life she wants. She uses the money she was saving for her wedding to open Fetching, a doggy day care store. It's a funny, sweet, smart series that you don't have to be a dog lover to enjoy. 

We got a chance to ask Collette a few questions about her career as well as her new series:

Geek Hash: Can you tell us how you caught the acting bug?

Collette: When I was growing up I loved playing pretend and doing school plays was my jam.  I didn't consider pursuing it as a career initially because I was scared of being poor and jobless.  After I graduated from college with a psychology degree, I worked in human services making poverty-level wages.  That reality gave me the push I needed to follow my dream.

GH: What exactly was it that drew you to the series?

Collette: AMY HARRIS. Her writing is so much fun to act. It's grounded in the truth of the struggles of being a single woman and it's FUNNY.

GH: You've probably been asked a million times already but, it's a very important question: Dogs or cats?

Collette: Dogs!  My dog Little Bear is the best snuggler.

GH: Liza is a great character and I found myself rooting for her throughout the series. Was she already there on the page or did you get to add your own influences to flesh her out?

Collette: I agree, Liza is a great character and yes it was mapped out in the script.  I think it's the obstacles she faces that make her worth rooting for and that's a credit to Amy's writing.

GH: You've got quite the impressive filmography. Is there one job that really sticks out for you?

Collette: I'm really excited about my upcoming projects. This summer, I'm going to Georgia to shoot 'The Devil'sKnot' starring Reese Witherspoon and Colin Firth.  In the fall, I'm going to NY to film 'Next Caller' for NBC with Dane Cook. 

GH: Superheroes are big right now. You've done Observe and Report with Seth Rogen and Four Christmases with John Favreau who've both gone on to work on superhero flicks. If you could take a crack at one, which would it be?

Collette: I used to watch Jem and The Holograms when I was a kid in the 80s. I would love to play Jem!






No comments:

Post a Comment