Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Unboxing July's Marvel Collector Corps- Spider-Man: Far From Home


I thought that I had canceled my Marvel Collector Corps subscription after the Avengers: Endgame theme. Apparently I didn't and the newest box, Spider-Man: Far From Home ended up on my doorstep. This was yet another disappointment from the once great MCC. Ever since the subscription moved to Amazon the quality of items included has dropped drastically.



First up in the box was a Midtown School of Science and Technology drawstring backpack. The backpack is thin, small, and pretty low in quality. It may be good as a lunch bag, but that's about it. 



Next up was a Spider-Man decal. Yeah, it's pretty useless.



The third item in the box was a Spider-Man hacky sack. I feel like I'm back in middle school in the early 90's. So...another useless item. 





The first POP! in the box was a Peter Parker (Borrowed Jersey) POP! I'm not 100% sure, as I don't remember, but from what I've read, the logo is on the wrong side. If that's the case, then that's going to be a real bummer as Funko had the same problem with the Captain America Mjolnir/shield figure from the Avengers: Endgame box. Honestly, I would have liked to have had some variety and gotten a Ned, Maria Hill, Zombie Iron Man, Aunt May, or even a Flash Thompson figure instead.





The final and best item in the box was a light-up Mysterio POP! This is the second light-up figure after the Walgreens exclusive Iron Man from Infinity War. Fans were wondering when and what the next light-up figure would be and now we have an answer. The effect is really cool and definitely appropriate.

The September box theme is Marvel: 80 Years. As much as these Amazon sub boxes have been hit and miss, I'm definitely all in on this one. I have the feeling that I'm going to be yet again disappointed, but how can I pass up a box that celebrates 80 years of Marvel goodness? Let's hope that Funko/Marvel pull out all the stops and gives fans something worth celebrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment