Sunday, November 17, 2019

Unboxing Marvel Collector Corps: Marvel 80 Years


I keep telling myself that I’m going to cancel my Amazon/Funko Marvel Collector Corps box. But somehow, they keep announcing themes that pull me back in. When they announced the "Marvel 80 Years" box, how could I not get it. It HAD to be epic, right?!?! I had imagined it would have something with Spider-Man, Stan Lee, maybe even Captain America. The people/characters that built Marvel. But no...we basically got a Marvel villains box.

First up was a Hydra pin. Now, I can’t complain because I have been disappointed at the fact that we haven’t gotten any pins/patches since the box made the jump to Amazon. This one, with the Hydra logo in a POP! aesthetic, is pretty awesome.


Next up was a sticker featuring Loki, Thanos, and Green Goblin. While it looks cool, it’s...a sticker. We’ve been getting a lot of these in the Amazon boxes. Not a fan.

This box did come with a pretty awesome t-shirt. It’s a black tee with Green Goblin getting ready to hurl one of his pumpkin bombs.

We got two POP!’s in this box- Classic Thanos and Classic Loki. Both are based on their first appearance. As much as I love both of the characters, I feel like we’ve gotten enough POP! versions of them over the last few years. It’d have been nice to have at least gotten a couple of characters they haven’t done yet. Overall, this was a pretty solid box, but disappointing for the theme.


Inside this month’s Collector Corps-

- Marvel Villains Sticker
- Hydra POP! Pin
- Green Goblin POP! Tee
- Loki POP! Figure
- Thanos POP! Figure


















No comments:

Post a Comment