Thursday, January 16, 2020

Unboxing- GameStop Black Friday Marvel Mystery Box


As much as I love Marvel, I decided to initially pass on GameStop's Black Friday Marvel Mystery Box. Mainly because I'm trying to be more selective and less impulsive with my Funko purchases (that's how I ended up with hundreds of them!). But when they had their "Deal of the Day" leading up to Christmas and dropped them to $10.00, I couldn't refuse. Luckily for my wallet, they only had one box left at the GameStop I went to, and I grabbed it and went straight to the counter without looking at anything else.

I opened the box and the first thing my eye went to was the Groot (Gamer) sticker sitting on top. I am not a fan of the Funko stickers in the mystery boxes we've been getting ever since they started offering the Collector Corps subs on Amazon. They feel cheap and lazy compared to the patches and pins we used to get. 



The next thing my eye went to was the "Chase" sticker on the Groot (Gamer) POP! I've found chases on the shelf before, but I've never scored on in a mystery box. Being a Spider-Man fan, I'd have preferred the Miles Morales chase, but I'm not gonna complain! A chase in a $10.00 box? Yes, please! Plus, it's Groot. As a gamer. Who doesn't love Groot?

The next item I pulled out of the box was a Groot (Gamer) keychain. I have a pretty decent sized collection of Funko keychains, even though I really don't use any of them. But they're fun to collect, and this one is pretty awesome. 

Next up was a big surprise. We actually got a pin in the mystery box! I love the Funko pins, and this Guardians of the Galaxy one is gonna look nice on the old jacket!

Finally, I got an exclusive Deadpool (Gamer) Pez dispenser. I only have one other Funko Pez dispenser (the Box Lunch exclusive Deadpool). So this one is gonna go right next to that one on the shelf.

Overall, this was a solid Black Friday box from GameStop. Last years, which was Disney afternoon-themed, was kind of a disappointment for me. I bought one and ended up giving it away. In fact, I don't even remember what was in it. I'm very tempted to pick up at least one other Black Friday box (even at full price) and trying my luck. Really want that Spider-Man! 



Inside the GameStop Black Friday Marvel Mystery Box:

-Groot (Gamer) Chase Funko POP! Figure
-Groot (Gamer) Sticker
-Groot (Gamer) Keychain
-Deadpool (Gamer) Pez Dispenser
-Guardians of the Galaxy Pin










No comments:

Post a Comment