Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Making Mixtapes...with Amy Ratcliffe (@amy_geek)

Here's a feature that we haven't done in a while, Making Mixtapes... This time, one of my favorite geeks ever, Amy Ratcliffe is dropping the beats. Amy runs her own awesome blog, Geek with Curves where she shares her "passions for travel, cooking, photography, the interwebz, reading, comics, tabletop gaming (D&D), anything touched by the Whedon tribe, Star Wars, and most things science fiction and fantasy." I love her reviews and interviews and follow her site religiously. You can also become a fan of Geek with Curves on Facebook and you can find her on Twitter at @amy_geek. She also writes a column (Geek Fab) for Pink Raygun.com and has contributed to Geek Girls Network. Enough with my blabbering, I'm going to let Amy take it away:

I believe you can be geeky with your music. And geeky? Pretty much always appropriate. I queue up this playlist for housecleaning, working away on spreadsheets, and when I spend a day in the kitchen cooking. I'm sure the neighbors love those days, when the Dr. Horrible soundtrack and my less than perfect voice waft out the kitchen windows. Ah. I like to include tracks from movie or TV scores in my playlists for a couple of reasons. 1) I have a score addiction. 2) It's a change up of pace.

The Playlist:

All Along the Watchtower - Brendan McCreary, Battlestar Galactica Season 3 Soundtrack
The Galapagos - Master & Commander
Going Through the Motions - Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Once More, with Feeling
Firefly Theme
Gollum's Song - The Two Towers Soundtrack
Brand New Day - Dr. Horrible's Sing-along Blog
Spanish Ladies - Jerry Bryant & Starboard Mess - Roast Beef of Old England
Big Bang Theory Theme - Barenaked Ladies
In the Black - Marian Call
The King Of The Golden Hall - Two Towers Soundtrack
Do You Wanna Date My Avatar - The Guild
My Eyes - Dr. Horrible's Sing-along Blog


And there you have it, a geeky mixtape from Amy! Big thanks to her for contributing! Don't forget to follow her blog, twitter, facebook and her column over on Pink Raygun.com!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting my playlist and for the kind words!! :D

    ReplyDelete