Friday, August 20, 2010

Making Mixtapes...with @Nakedhobo

It's that time again! Bringing you another awesome mixtape, this time from fellow GEEK (yeah, capital G-E-E-K) Glenn. Those of us on Twitter know him as @Nakedhobo (if you're not already, that's a none too subtle hint for you to follow him. GET TO IT!). Glenn also has a blog, Naked Hobo, where he regularly posts movie reviews. I discovered it after we started chatting on Twitter. Yes, lots of people do reviews but I think Glenn is doing something really cool. If you go waaay back to the beginning of his blog you will see that he put down a challenge for himself:

500 Movies

Inspired by my friend Mike I have decided to watch 500 movies I have not seen before and write short reviews here. I plan to have all 500 done within about 1 1/2 years or so, depends how ambitious I feel. Don’t expect real in depth reviews for the most part as it really is not my forte. Two films are up already and I will most likely add a third tomorrow.

How far is he? Well, to date he is on number 252. Half way there! Check out his blog, stalk him on Twitter and enjoy his mixtape!

Glenn- "I use this when I need to get stuff done."



Intergalactic- Beastie Boys

Boom Boom Boom- John Lee Hooker

That Certain Female- Charlie Feathers

Clash City Rockers- The Clash

Just Like Heaven- The Cure

Amazing Grace- Dropkick Murphys

Weapon of Choice- Fat Boy Slim

Lust for Life- Iggy Pop

Priest 85- Irritating Rainbow

Ace of Spades- Motorhead

Wynona’s Big Brown Beaver- Primus

Cool for Cats- Squeeze

Ant Music- Adam and the Ants

Flash- Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment