Monday, June 30, 2014

A Look at Hasbro's Transformers Hound Figure


The best thing about the latest Transformers movie was John Goodman's Hound. He was so good that I just had to pick up the figure when I saw it.The packaging is actually pretty cool for this guy. I like the way it was designed, with a picture of the character taking up the whole front of the card. The only thing that is a bit awkward is the picture of Hound on the bottom left corner on the front of the package. It features an image that is too cartoony compared to the rest of the packaging.

When you flip the package over, the back gives you transformation instructions right onthe box. I like the idea of this as it saves them from having to print out and add a
little booklet inside the package. The only bad thing about it is that they're pretty
hard to understand. I literally sat there for fifteen minutes trying to transform Hound
into his vehicle form. I couldn't, for the life of me, figure out how the (attached) gun
fit into the transformation. The instructions weren't clear on where to fold it in. I
almost gave up a couple of times.  Of course, I haven't played with a Transformer in
years so that may be part of the problem.


Honestly, I'm not a fan of the Bayformers designs, but this figure doesn't look as bad as some of the others. Except for that beard. What the hell is that all about? I don't
understand why the movie versions always try to add things like the beard or hair or,
like those ridiculous twins from the second film, gold teeth. Hound looks nothing like
the character's original design. In fact, he looks so different that I would never have
guessed what character it was. Overall it's a nice figure, even if I can't transform the darn thing! That's okay, though, he can sit as is on my shelf.


Hound's "quick draw" action that doesn't always seem to
work.


No comments:

Post a Comment