Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Unboxing October's Loot Crate: Horror


Okay, I'm gonna say upfront that horror is not my jam. I've never really been a fan of the genre as the violence and gore of it don't appeal to me. So, right off the bat, this box had a strike against it. Loot Crate is the only subscription box that I get on a consistent basis, and I figured that there'd be something I liked in the box. Unfortunately, I didn't find anything that I liked this month. On the plus side, I have friends that will love them, so it's still a win.

First up in the box was a Leatherface Phunny Plush. Looters had a 50/50 chance of getting a "happy" or "sad" version; I got the "happy" version. Next up was the monthly pin, which featured a Halloween/Michael Myers design. The unlockable that came with this month's pin is a downloadable copy of the game "Superfight"- a video game of absurd arguments via Steam.

Earlier in the year Looters got a copy of League of Regrettable Superheroes. This month sees a copy of Legion of Regrettable Supervillains as a companion to that previous book. It features some of the silliest villains ever created.



Next in the box was a Camp Crystal Lake pennant from Friday the 13th. I was "meh" on this item as I don't collect pennants and am not a Jason fan. The next item, which I admit is a pretty neat idea, though I don't ever really use them, was a set of Freddy Kreuger chopsticks. They're metal chopsticks, which are supposed to be the blades of Freddy's claws, attached to Freddy's glove.

The tee this month was Walking Dead themed and featured Jeffrey Dean Morgan's Negan. Timed to coincide with the release of this month's return of AMC's The Walking Dead, we got a Negan's Sluggers shirt. The shirt kind of felt more like a walking billboard/free ad promotional tool than anything else. Finally, the box came with a punch out Walking Dead zombie mask.



Inside this month's box:

-Exclusive Leatherface Phunny Plush (KidRobot)
-Exclusive Negan Sluggers T-Shirt (Loot Crate, Inc)
-Exclusive Freddy Kreuger Chopsticks (Icup)
-Exclusive Camp Crystal Lake Pennant (The Coop)
-Exclusive Legion of Regrettable Villains Book (Quirk)
-Exclusive Halloween Pin (Loot Crate Labs)
-Superfight Game (Steam)













No comments:

Post a Comment