Sunday, October 23, 2016

Unboxing October's Marvel Collector Corps: Doctor Strange


Recently, I decided to cut back on my subscription boxes by only ordering the ones I wanted when I  was excited by the theme. When Marvel/Funko announced Doctor Strange was going to be the theme for their October box, I couldn't pass it up. I've been a fan of Doctor Strange since I was a kid and cannot wait for the upcoming film. This box coincides with the release of that film and as such, we get Benedict Cumberbatch's version of Strange.

When you open the box, the first thing you see are the pin and patch. This month's patch features Cumberbatch as Strange. It wouldn't have been my first choice, but it's still cool. Now the pin, on the other hand, is awesome. It features the Eye of Agamotto, which would've been my choice for the patch.

The exclusive comic this month, "Doctor Strange and the Sorcerers Supreme #1", features a trippy black light poster-inspired variant cover. I'm really digging on this cover and would definitely purchase a poster version if they ever become available. Next in the box is an exclusive POP! mug of Strange's...well...mug. I love the POP! mug collection and have several from past boxes, but don't necessarily need another one. Not a coffee drinker, so this is going to go to someone who'll get some use out of it.


This month's POP! Tee features, you guessed it, Strange. I really love the design and colors of this month's tee. We got a peek at some of the sketches for the design of the shirt and I'm glad they chose the one that they did. A lot of fans have recently been pretty vicious about the fact that we've been getting hats instead of tee's (personally, I love the hats more), so hopefully this will pacify some of those subscribers.

Finally, we get to the exclusive POP! figure that is the main reason I get the box. This is one of the coolest POP! figures they've put in a subscription box. It's an Astral Projection levitating Doctor Strange. The clear yellow with glitter POP! is definitely the most fun POP! I've seen recently. This alone made the box for me; the rest is just icing. 


Inside this month's box:

-Doctor Strange Patch
-Eye of Agamotto Pin
-Doctor Strange POP! Tee
-Doctor Strange POP! Mug
-Doctor Strange and the Sorcerers Supreme #1 Variant Comic
-Levitating Astral Projection Doctor Strange POP! Figure 














No comments:

Post a Comment