Monday, May 31, 2010

The Transformers: Seasons 3 & 4


Last month Shout! Factory released the 3rd and 4th seasons of The Transformers. When I was younger I was a bigger fan of the earlier episodes, which featured Optimus Prime and Megatron. The 3rd season picks up following the events of Transformers: The Movie, which saw the death of Optimus and the passing of the Matrix of Leadership to Hot Rod. With that passing, Hot Rod then became Rodimus Prime. So when the new season started I was put off on the show because I was a bigger fan of the pre-movie Autobots/Decepticons. After re-watching the 1st season of the Transformers I found myself somewhat disappointed at the fact that they didn’t hold up as well as I had remembered them. To be honest, they were pretty cheesy. Because of that experience I decided to give this set a fair chance. I found that enjoyed these episodes a lot. It really had a different flavor to them, making them feel like a whole different show. The Autobots spend more time in space and on Cybertron than they ever did before (the earlier seasons had them mostly on Earth). The conflict between Megatron and Starscream was a big part of the earlier ep’s and was definitely missed. Also, I carry a bit of nostalgia for characters like Jazz and Wheeljack who died in the movie. On the plus side, these episodes held up better than some of the earlier ones did. Overall, if you’re a fan of Transformers it’s definitely a must-watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment