Monday, January 25, 2016

Unboxing January's Star Wars: Smuggler's Bounty Box: Resistance


The second Smuggler's Bounty box arrived on my doorstep a day after I received an e-mail telling me that it had shipped. Talk about light speed! As much as I loved the first one, this box was supposed to be the make-or-break for me. I'm trying to keep my subscription box addiction to a minimum, so I had told myself that if I didn't like this one, I'd suspend my subscription and pick and choose which boxes I ordered depending on the theme. After receiving this box, as much as I dug it, I may pass up the next one.

This month's box came with an exclusive flocked Cewbacca POP! figure and I am in love with it! This is my second flocked POP! after the Hot Topic Simba I received as a gift and I'm really into them. Next up were a very cool BB-8 patch and Poe Dameron pin. I'm definitely going to be using these on something at some point. The box also came with an exclusive POP! tee featuring all your favorite Resistance characters from 'The Force Awakens.' There were three colors (grey, black, and blue), which were sent out at random; I received the black shirt.

The last piece in the box was a C-3PO POP! mug. It comes with a red handle to represent C-3PO's red arm in 'The Force Awakens.' I'm not really a mug person and I got a Starlord one in my last Collector's Corps box, so as neat as it looks, this is probably going to go to someone who'll appreciate it more. It's the first Star Wars item in the Funko Home line and no other products have as yet been announced, so this may be the only Star Wars POP! Home item we get. Overall this was a great box, but I just get too many subscription boxes as it is and I want to try out Funko's upcoming 'Legion of Collectors' DC box (ugh, that name).



Inside this month's box:

- Poe Dameron Pin
- BB-8 Iron-on Patch
- Resistance POP! T-Shirt
- C-3PO POP! Mug
- Flocked Chewbacca POP! Figure















No comments:

Post a Comment