Thursday, August 25, 2016

Unboxing August's Loot Crate and Loot Wear: Anti-Hero




I've been getting Loot Crate for over three years now, and I'm a huge fan of this particular subscription box. I love it so much that I decided to also give their Loot Wear a shot this month. When I say that I think that this was the best crate ever, that's no small compliment. When the theme, 'Anti-Hero,' was announced along with the franchises that would be included, I had a feeling that we'd see some awesome swag. This month's theme was timed to coincide with the theatrical release of DC/Warner Bros. Suicide Squad. The franchises included were World of Warcraft, Hellboy, Kill Bill, Harley Quinn, and Archer.

This month's box came with some of the coolest items ever included! The first was an exclusive 2016 election-themed Archer T-shirt. My one and only issue with the shirt is that I wish that it came in white, making the tee red, white, and blue. Next up was an exclusive pair of Kill Bill socks! Yes, they're a bit silly, but guess who's going to have just a bit more swagger in their step wearing these?


Hellboy's "Right Hand of Doom" ceramic bank was the next item in the crate. This thing is just flat out awesome! It may not be a big bank, but I'll definitely be saving my pennies in this. Loot Crate Magazine also included a recipe for "Hellboy's Hot Wings & Anti-Potato Salad."

This month's World of Warcraft Loot Pin also came with an awesome DLC package! Included in the bundle were all six expansions (World of Warcraft, Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, Cataclysm, Mists of Pandaria, and Warlords of Draenor). Also part of the package was an 30-day subscription/game time for new WoW accounts.

Finally, my favorite item in the box, an exclusive Harley Quinn Q-Fig figure from Quantum Mechanix. Loot Crate has given out several of these in previous boxes (Deadpool, Aquaman, Hulk, and Batman), but this is by far my favorite. Harley with her hammer and one of her pet hyenas is just adorable! Also in this month's Loot Crate magazine was a preview of Suicide Squad Rebirth #1 featuring Harley and the rest of the Suicide Squad. And in keeping with the Harley theme, this month's crate transforms into Harley's Hammer! All in all, a solid "A+" crate in my book.


There are several options you can choose from Loot Wear. There's Loot Socks, Loot Tees, Loot Wearables (Men's or Women's), and Loot for Her. I went with the Loot Wearables for her, knowing it was going to be a Harley Quinn item. This month's wearable was an exclusive Harley skirt from Bioworld. Definitely worth the purchase price, I'd possibly be interested in trying the guys' version next month.


Inside this month's box:

-Exclusive Archer T-Shirt (Ripple Junction)
-Exclusive Kill Bill Socks (Loot Crate Labs)
-Exclusive Hellboy Coin Bank (Zak Designs)
-World of Warcraft Loot Pin/DLC (Loot Crate Labs)
-Exclusive Harley Quinn Q-Fig (QMx)

This month's Wearable:

-Exclusive Harley Quinn Skirt (Bioworld)





























No comments:

Post a Comment