Sunday, November 23, 2014

NECA Batman 1989 Video Game Appearance Action Figure


NECA has just released a 7” Batman 1989 Video Game Figure. It’s one in a line of video game figures that NECA has released, including a Predator, Freddy Krueger and RoboCop, among others. I picked this one up from Toys R Us for $24.99. It’s probably one of the best investments I’ve ever made. This figure is just INSANELY cool. I played the Batman video game for hours on end and it takes me all the way back to my middle school days. Back when I could actually sit and play video games pretty much all day. The packaging is even designed to look like the old NES box! This figure is so cool, that I can’t even bring myself to open it. I’m going to have to pick another one up before these disappear just so I can have one to sit on my shelves.

Description via Amazon:

To celebrate the 25th anniversary of both the 1989 film that defined Batman for the modern generation and its video game adaptation, we're proud to announce our first-ever Batman figure in 7" scale! Batman (1989 Video Game Appearance) is the sixth figure in our highly successful line of classic 8-bit video game tributes. Following Michael Keaton's iconic portrayal as Batman in the movie, the side-scrolling game was released in late 1989 for the super popular 8-bit home console and is a true '80s classic. Batman stands 7" tall, with over 25 points of articulation for great poses, plus removable cape, Batarang and Spear Gun accessories. The paint deco takes a stylized approach to reproduce the game's original cel-shaded look. This limited edition figure comes in special window box packaging with opening flap to re-create the look and feel of the classic 1989 video game packaging. One production run only.






1 comment:

  1. Nice score! This one is on my Christmas list. I also played the game for hours on end. I only got to the Joker once! Still have the game, and my NES. Might have to fire it up again, especially when I find this NECA Batman!

    ReplyDelete