Sunday, June 21, 2015

Kiora Atua Funko POP! Prototype



This Funko POP! addiction may be getting out of hand. I recently picked up my first POP! prototype figure from Gemini Collectibles. These can vary in price, but can go for even more on the secondary market, like eBay and collector forums. Kiora Atua is a character from the card game, Magic: The Gathering from Wizards of the Coast. I'll admit that I never got into card games and was slightly familiar with the character, but I loved the design and decided to pull the trigger and pick up my first proto. Kiora Atua is, according to the MTG Salvation Wiki, "a blue and green-aligned merfolk planeswalker who made her debut in Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012." 

What is a POP! protoype? 


Brian (COF/Owner) explained once ..

"We make 2 White Prototypes (some might get hand painted by artist for licensor), and we make 5
Colored Plastic Prototypes of each item. We do not exceed those numbers. Once in a while we do
a color variation Prototype, like with Red Saucerman to honor the chase piece. Again only 5 made."

"Sometime there is a legal line stamped on bottom and sometimes not, but that has no bearing on anything.


Once in a while we get one or two weird protos like the Crystal Clear Daffy Duck." Brian added.


Scroll down to check out pictures of my newly acquired Kiora prototype.










No comments:

Post a Comment