Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Making Mixtapes...with Cody the Vampire Intern

When being creative I find I tend to rely on music to get the juices flowing. When writing or directing I find myself making tons of mixtapes for characters or arcs to help me with the process. That being said, I’ve decided to start a new feature called “Making Mixtapes…” Friends of the blog will come by and share a themed playlist that hopefully you’ll all enjoy. For me, discovering new music is always an exciting thing and the hope is you’ll discover some great new artists here.

Over the last couple of weeks, I’ve been gripped by the whole Conan/Leno saga. Last Friday “The Tonight Show with Conan O’Brien” aired its final episode. So with Conan and NBC parting ways, the theme we’re going with for our first entry of “Making Mixtapes…” is breakup songs. Once we had the theme I thought, who better to contribute than Conan O’Brien’s own Cody the Vampire Intern (Eric Callero).
The multi-talented Callero (http://www.ericcallero.com/Home.html) is an actor, producer and musician and has been cool enough to contribute his playlist:

Lonesome Town by Ricky Nelson
Time After Time by Cyndi Lauper.
Lovelier Girl by Beach House.
Yesterday by The Beatles.
Skinny Love by Bon Iver.
Blue Days, Black Nights by Buddy Holly.
Boys Don't Cry by The Cure.
What Sarah Said by Death Cab for Cutie
Ashley by The Dodos
Boys of Summer by Don Henley
Out of My Mind by Duran Duran
Walking After You by The Foo Fighters
Don't Hate Me by The Get Up Kids
She Was A Good Thing by Gloritone
Last Kiss by J. Frank Wilson
Crazy by Patsy Cline
The District Sleeps Alone Tonight by The Postal Service
The Fool by Sanford Clark
Yes, It's True by The Slackers
Across the Sea by Weezer
Big thanks to Eric for contributing! Hopefully we haven't seen the last of Cody, Triumph and all the characters that Conan brought us throughout the years. Check back for more mixtapes soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment