Saturday, January 23, 2010

More thoughts on Torchwood

Just some more thoughts on Torchwood that I posted at http://hour42.com/ : If this were any other network I may have faith that this could be a good thing but Fox doesn't seem to like sci-fi if it isn't pulling "The X-Files" or "Fringe" size numbers. I think the only way this could be credible is if we did get Jack and Gwen on the show. That or get Marsters on it. We know that there were people that were able to get access to technology "after Torchwood fell," so maybe we could see the team (at least the first season) traveling the globe reacquring alien tech. That would take them out of Cardiff. I imagine they'd shoot it in Canada like everything else, because you know it can stand in for anywhere on the planet (yes, I'm being facetious). I fear that we'll get a severely watered-down version of the show we've come to know and love. I couldn't ever imagine a network version of Torchwood matching the scope of something like "Children of Earth." And you know we'd never see Captain Jack paired off with a man.

No comments:

Post a Comment