Thursday, December 3, 2015

Unboxing Funko/GameStop's Black Friday Mystery Box


Y'all know how much of a fan that I am of both Funko and subscription boxes. So you can imagine my excitement when I learned that Funko and GameStop were teaming up to release a Mystery Box on Black Friday. Two things that I love coming together?!?! Take all my money, GameStop!

The box promised one POP! pin, two ReAction figures, a Pocket POP! keychain, and one exclusive POP! figure. There are five exclusive POP! figures you can pull: 1989 Batman, Batgirl, Power Armor, Claptrap, and Blackest Night Superman. One in eight boxes contained one of the five figures in a gold version. At the low low price of $20.00, how could you beat that? Typically, POP! and ReAction figures run for $10.00 a piece. The Pocket POP! keychain sells for about $6.00, and a pin can run you a $5.50. That's one heck of a deal, especially if you're a Funko fan.



GameStop opened their doors at 5 a.m. on Friday. I wasn't able to go that early, but a friend was going to be there to pick up an Amiibo figure, so she picked up one of these boxes for me. That first box was pretty awesome. I ended up with a Power Armor POP!, Loki pin, Batman keychain, and Leelo and Kane (with chest burster) ReAction figures.

My second box, however, was a different story. I went into a GameStop store and picked up another because I was so happy with the first one. The second time, though, it felt like a waste of money. I excitedly opened the box to find that one of the ReAction figures was off of the card and that the Elsa Pocket POP! (not a keychain) had come apart. I guess they didn't put her together with enough glue. That's 1/3 of the box damaged. Man Funko, do you even quality control, bro? I didn't take it back because I do like the rest of the stuff in the box. I guess I'll just have to glue Elsa back together. Overall, though, not a bad haul for $40.00











No comments:

Post a Comment